Dongrong Xu, PhD
Associate Professor of Clinical Neurobiology (in Psychiatry)
Dr. Xu is an expert in medical imaging processing and analysis. He is interested in developing novel algorithms and tools for analyzing imaging data, and using the tools to study psychiatric diseases.
My primary research focuses on Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and particularly Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) and its appliations to various psychiatric diseases. I develop algorithms for anlayzing medical imaging data, and am also interested in developing virutual reality paradigms for functional MRI studies.
- Xu D, Cui J, Bansal R, Hao X, Liu J, Peterson BS: Ellipsoidal Area Ratio (EAR): An Improved Diffusion Anisotropy Index. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2009;27: 311-327
- Xiaozheng Liu, Zhenming Yuan, Junming Zhu, Dongrong Xu: Medical image registration by combining global and local information: A chain-type diffeomorphic demons algorithm. Physics in Medicine and Biology 2013;58: 1-20
- Xu D, Hao X, Bansal R, Plessen KJ, Peterson BS: Seamless Warping of Diffusion Tensor Images. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 2008;27: 285-299
- Xu D, Hao X, Bansal R, Plessen JK, Geng W, Hugdahl K, Peterson BS: Unifying the Analyses of Anatomical and Diffusion Tensor Images Using Volume-Preserved Warping. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2007;25: 612-624
- Xu Yan, Mingxiong Zhou, Lingfang Ying, Dazhi Yin, Mingxia Fan, Guang Yang, Yongdi Zhou, Fan Song, Dongrong Xu: Evaluation of Optimized b-Value Sampling Schemas for Diffusion Kurtosis Imaging with an Application to Stroke Patient Data. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, 2013;37(4): 272-280