Ilana Nossel, MD
Assistant in Clinical Psychiatry
Associate Director, PI Residents Clinic
Dr. Nossel is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry in the Division of Mental Health Services and Policy Research. Dr. Nossel practices general adult psychiatry, including consultation, psychotherapy and medication management. She has a special interest in women's mental health and reproductive psychiatry. Dr. Nossel is the Associate Director of the NYSPI Resident Clinic (PIRC). She also provides training and consultation to OnTrack NY, a first episode psychosis program and previously served as the Team Psychiatrist. She completed a pilot study adapting Critical Time Intervention (CTI) for frequent users of the psychiatric emergency room.
Education and Training
- 2004 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: 2006 Stamford Hospital
- Residency: 2008 NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: 2008 New York State Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Nossel has an interest in the development of interventions to help individuals with serious mental illness engage in care.
- Nossel IR, Calmes CA, Brown CH, Kreyenbuhl J, Goldberg RW, Fang L, Dixon LB: Patterns of emergency department use for medical conditions among persons with serious mental illness. Psychiatric Services 2010;61: 1251-4
- Hogan MF, Sederer LI, Smith TE, Nossel IR: Making room for mental health in the medical home. Prev Chronic Dis 2011;8: A30
- Smith TE, Burgos J, Dexter V, Norcott J, Pappas SV, Shuman E, Appel A, Harrison ME, Nossel IR, Essock SM: Best practices: Best practices for improving engagement of clients in clinic care.. Psychiatric Services 2010;61: 343-5
- Kreyenbuhl J, Nossel IR, Dixon LB: Disengagement from mental health treatment among individuals with schizophrenia and strategies for facilitating connections to care: a review of the literature.. Schizophrenia Bulletin 2009;35: 696-703